The Leader in the Mirror
My first webinar of 2019 will be a webinar for the TESOL Affiliate Network on January 11th. I’m thrilled to have an opportunity to talk about what teachers want from their teacher associations. Here’s the description for the webinar:
If you are a leader in a language teaching association (LTA), chances are you feel that you’ve benefited professionally from your membership and participation. It’s hard to imagine teachers choosing not to join, and yet the majority of language teachers around the world don’t belong to any association. My experience as an ELT author, and now a director of a teacher development institute has given me the chance to talk to teachers in countries around the world. Some belong to LTAs, some don’t, and still others have no idea they exist. What do teachers want from language teaching associations? What do they need, professionally? In this webinar I’ll share some of their voices, and what I’ve learned about building a community of leaders.
Is there anything you’d like to share with your association leaders? I’d love to hear from you! I created a short Google Form to allow teachers to share their own LTA experiences anonymously. If you’d like to add your voice to my presentation, here’s a link to the form (and thanks, in advance):
If you would like to join the webinar, it’s open to all.
Date: Friday, January 11, 2019
Time: 14:00 UTC (That’s 09:00 in New York and 23:00 in Tokyo. You can check your time here)
Thanks for your help, and I hope to see some of you on Friday!
- The Leader in the Mirror - January 8, 2019
- Happiness Jars for the Classroom - January 2, 2019
- From This Teacher’s Daughter - May 22, 2015
- Remembering - March 11, 2015
- Why I love Teachers 2014 - February 16, 2014
- Help! I just got another new student! - January 18, 2014
- When kids don’t want to be there - June 10, 2013
- A very bad, horrible, no good class - May 28, 2013
- More than five ways to use milk carton cubes - April 6, 2013
- Boisterous Boys and Bored Girls - February 19, 2013